Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas card! - final


sigh, usual note - the colour scheme is off -thanks to blogger.
I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE USED WORDPRESS.

lol anyway, enough of angsty-ing, basically i re-vamped my card.

and again, my tutorial mates' work are so much simple and pretty.
i know the emphasis on this assignment is the colour scheme,
and about that point, the un-vamped assignment,
the one i presented in tutorial is probably better. sigh..

but honestly,
i rather do a memorable pretty card which will make people happy.
my guy friend told me that if he received such a card from a friend,
he will really smile. =)

i baked real gingerbread man, child, christmas, dogs, stars,
and took different kinds of shots and to see which was best!
this was the nicest! sometimes simplicity is best lol. not too much stuff crammed into one card.
it's a shame i was rushing for the electronic deadline,
if not i would have probably added a small picture,
of a gingerbread dog at the back of the card.
oh well, maybe it's for the best. no clutter.

=) but actually i thought my unvamped card was pretty as well.
we can't have the best of both worlds, can we?

there's a sense of regret, actually.
my portfolio was hastily done.
there was so much more to my works i could have brought out.
actually, during the holidays, i think i might go and re-do my portfolio,
with better drawn sketches, with more reflections, elaborations and detail.

the portfolio doesn't do justice to my works, really.
to the effort i put in, the aesthetics, everything.

and random, i really do like shariff's card! it's imaginative, simple and everything.
i would so buy it. =)

-Lisaa


No comments: